Wednesday, December 17, 2008

This is the "Holiday" season.

WHY, oh WHY do we stress ourselves out to show people how much we "love them?"

Is that iPod Nano really going to show my beautiful son Ricky how much I love him?









My beautiful, complicated son. I love that kid more than anything.

Tonight, I was in the kitchen when he asked me to help him on the computer. I dropped the bench to my kitchen table on my foot, and it took everything I had not to cuss or cry! BUT: I didn't!

Next thing I know, Ricky is standing there. He put his arms around my waist, hugged me tight and asked if I was ok.





Open the flood gates...










Now, had this been last night, he probably would have laughed. Last night, the sweet, sassy twin terrors were bathing their favorite fur-babies. Then, the handle on the Cold water broke, and the water was on almost full blast. OOPS!

The landlord was awesome. He came out and made it so I can use it until he gets it fixed perfect. Anyway, the boys were on their best behavior...until he was out of the driveway.

Then, the chasing ensued and Tyler ended up running into the doorframe. We were all laughing, but he was really crying!
DANG!

Well, today his foot is black and blue all over the top, all over the last 2 toes AND down the side. His 2 end toes are broken for sure... LOL!

Poor, beautiful Ricky. He felt so bad. Now, this is neat because Ricky has not felt remorse for ANYthing over the last 3 years. So, somewhere, somehow, something clicked.

I am the happiest Mom ever. Not that I wanted Tyler to run into the doorframe or me drop a bench on my foot to find out my oldest had a heart...

But, point of all this is:

I didn't have to buy Ricky an iPod Nano for him to be a good person. I love him and he knows it. He loves us and I know it!

My Grinch-ette heart is swelling....

4 comments:

Eli's Lids said...

Found your blog while blog hopping.
That is too cute! I can't even imagine what my kids will be like when they are older.
http://elislids.blogspot.com/

Christina said...

Ahhhh . . .. I'm glad your Grinch-ette heart is swelling (good job Ricky!) Aren't kids hugs wonderful? :o)

Krista said...

I actually thought I already commented on this. My world is so much fun! I loved your post - it's so nice when you first discover your son has feelings. They try so hard not to show them! Ha!

JaMean said...

LOL! Is that what it is? I thought for the longest time I had given birth to a robot! LOL!

Hi!

Hi!
This is the coolest dog ever!